- Steal the car
0.85 has a metagame event for vehicle holder change, which works on the principle that there are none of the soldiers of the vehicle owner faction nearby the vehicle and there are at least one soldier from the other faction and the vehicle is in the other faction territory. In such case it is considered held by the non-owning faction, i.e. stolen.
Theoretically, the metagame script could autonomously decide which enemy vehicle is the theft target for the players as a mission and keep checking the incoming events about holder changes to detect the correct vehicle becoming stolen.
But, is there a home base in Behind Enemy Lines? Without it, this won't work. To make it work without a home base, the engine would need some kind of generic hitbox check for stuff that when objects hit it, it would generate again events to the metagame, so that the metagame could make the mission as a "take vehicle X to hitbox Y" rather than "take vehicle X to friendly territory with no enemies nearby".
Actually, it could work without the hitbox too, but the script would then have to query the vehicle status periodically to check that the vehicle arrives where ordered.
- c4 the railroad tracks (or bridge....I work on the rail road, please don't do this in real life.)
As railroad, it could be made with a static mesh with those tracks and possibly a specific part in it made as a static vehicle, and make the vehicle section in it destroyable. The metagame script would get an event about this in 0.85 and would be able to declare objective completed and reward and generate another objective, if wanted.
I doubt anyone in his right mind will start working on the railroad though, but it's a nice suggestion
- Path finding (find an sutable area to have AI friendlys insert via Helo into an area to assault their own objective (players can choose to help or not all the players need to do is find a good LZ nearby their objective)
Helo not doable yet.
- Rescue the civilians (either load them onto a bus and get somewhere safe to have a Helo come extract them, or hold off any attackers while a Helo extracts them where they are.)
Third faction not doable yet, soldier AI is the only character-level AI implemented so far, and just one is supported, helo not doable yet. Altogether rather complicated.
- Destroy Out-of-commission tanks that are being repaired. (kill the crews before they can jump in the tanks!!!)
There's no vehicle repair mechanic, but if it's just theater that there would be some regular soldiers near a regular vehicle that looks like it's broken, doesn't have a driver seat, then it could be doable in 0.85. Handle the event about destroying a specific vehicle type in the script, maybe check that there are no enemies in the block where the tank is, and declare objective complete.
The enemies could be get to protect the tank by setting it with needs_protection in the vehicle specification, similar to how a group of enemy soldiers follow the radar truck.
- CSAR (Combat search and rescue) Reach a downed fighter pilot before the millita forces do and get him BTB.
How to do this.. I'm just speculating here really but
* the script would need to be able to spawn a soldier at specific place
* the script would need to be able to set the soldier's objective to something special, so that the commander AI would not allocate the soldier to defense/attack forces nor as a radar truck driver, but instead skip him from allocations (similar to radar truck drivers are handled in the balancing logic)
* the soldier would need to be low rank so that the player would be able to get him to join his squad
* ..and even if the soldier would be in this special objective mode, he would still behave as regular defending soldier so that he would join the player squad if there is room in the squad
* the script would keep monitoring until the spawned special soldier would reach a specific base/position or become dead to declare objective completion
- Communication interuption, destroy a series of OP4 radar(Or communication) trucks.
- Disrupt enemy AA capabilities, destroy a series of OP4 radar trucks
Script would be able to get those destroy events, but would not be able to set the comms off.
- Destroy enemy weapons cache (Perhaps make weapon boxes destroyable?)
Could be done as theater, have a new vehicle type which is static and looks like weapons cache, and catch the event in the script and declare objective complete. The cache would respawn automatically after the set time though, is that a problem?
- Lay minefield, players (or the engineer class) would lay down 3-4 landmines in an area and could choose to watch ai set them off or leave.
Grenade hit trigger gets triggered on any surface, would need some new config parameters to define which surfaces set it off, to create those mines. Hmm, the script wouldn't be able to get info about those mines in 0.85, it's not able to examine items yet.
- TSP (Tactical strike package) Intel has located an underground bunker, get in position, paint the target location with laser and call a tomahawk cruise missle, target must stay painted until package arrives on station.
- Deliver weapons cache to underground resistance fighters. This would require a new truck like a 5ton and when you press F in the back it would drop a gun cabnet. You could also use this truck in normal game modes, you could also use the same truck model to transport troops. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M939_Truck
, to differentiate the 2 differnt versions one version could havve the tarp over the back.
Gun truck is in plans, somewhat.
- Eliminate High ranking enemy commander or warlord (infiltrate, sniper, or assault mission, players can choose how they want to handle it)
The script would need to be able to set the rank for an existing soldier and/or spawn a new one with the rank. The script would need to be able to receive events of kills, for convenience, but it would be possible to monitor it through periodic queries already.
This would be possible to achieve already in 0.85 without the high rank requirement.
If player needs to explicitly make a selection of how to handle the mission beforehand, it could be handled with chat commands, doable.
- Destroy fuel depo
Destroy static vehicle? Doable.
- Steal the map. An enemy AI is carrying valuable intel and the players must intercept him before he reaches his destination. Make the enemy AI surrender or kill him and take it. The intel would then be brought back to the radio (base)
The script would need to somehow interfere or interface with the enemy commander AI, to make a specific soldier to move to a specific position defined by the script.
The script would also need a way to put items in soldier's backpacks.
Mechanic to make the enemy surrender doesn't exist.
- Destory enemy convoy. The enemy is moving reserve troops upto the front lines, make sure they don't arrive.
The script would need to again deal with the commander AI somehow again. One option is that the commander AI is completely switched off permanently for the enemy, and the script works as the commander AI instead, 0.85 can report most of the data but objective orders aren't open yet.