What is RUNNING WITH RIFLES?
“Keep your head down SOLDIER – you’ll need it!”
Pick up your rifle and join the Greenbelts, Graycollars or Brownpants in their mission to send the enemy home in a box! RWR is an open world, top-down, tactical shooter for single player and multiplayer online, that puts you right in the middle of chaos in towns, trenches and forests turned into ruthless battlefields, controlling just one soldier in an army of several hundreds.
In a war where men die like flies and endless streams of reinforcements run to fill the void, it takes tactics and marksmanship to capture territories effectively. The open world nature of the game enables you to use a multitude of approaches to help the front line move – it’s up to you to shape your role. Experience the complete arc starting as a private hardening into a high ranking officer with a squad under command, arming yourself with a variety of weapons and vehicles on your way to glory!
Key features, so far
- 11x 1 km^2 maps with total of ~90 bases
- hundreds of simultaneous AI soldiers, and minibosses
- open world: it’s up to you how you play, the war goes on without you
- not your usual “I’m the hero”-shooter: one bullet kills more often than not
- use cover, crouch and prone, move with others to increase your odds to stay alive
- emergent AI that tries hard: they too use cover and rooftops, attempt outflanking, deploy sandbags and utilize vehicles
- gain XP to get promotions to lead your own squad, unlock items & calls
- a broad variety of weapons, each faction with their own set
- grenades, bazookas, remote detonable sticky C4, riot shields, medikits, vests, rare weapons
- mortar strikes, paratrooper reinforcements, vehicle drops
- jeeps, transport trucks, APC’s, boats, tanks, patrol ships with AI driving
- deploy cover elements to strengthen your fellows’ positions or use vehicles for mobile cover
- campaign and quick matches, with Map Capture or King of the Hill game modes, Multiplayer with Deathmatch, Minimodes…
- locate & destroy radio trucks, towers and other structures behind enemy lines, or steal their cargo truck and deliver it home
- organize surprise attacks at less defended bases far in enemy territory
- locate prisoners and set them free
- explore locations for hidden items and vehicles
- Windows, Linux and Mac supported
- 24/7 servers in Europe and USA supporting 60+ players